By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the properties of steam and why it is used
- Calculate the steam demand for different types of steam plant
- Understand the requirements of steam distribution system
- Understand the need for different steam traps and air vents
- Understand the different methods of steam trap checking and their advantages and disadvantages
- Explain the requirement to remove and recover condensate
- Understand the need for pressure reduction and the different types available
- Explain the factors affecting control valves
- Realise the importance of flash steam recovery
- Explain how safety valves are set, lift and leak
- Size pressure reducing valves, steam pipe, condensate pipe, control valves, steam traps, condensate pumps, flash vessels, safety valves and blowdown vessel
A good technical knowledge is needed.
Sharjah or Customer Site.
The course starts 9:00am on the first day and finishes at 4:30pm on the final day.