Regional Sales Manager - South East Asia
GESTRA, part of Spirax-Sarco Enginering plc, is a global leader in the engineering, design, production and application of valves and controls systems for heat and process fluid controls. As a Steam Engineering company, Gestra offers range of products and intelligent solutions with maximum reliability.
GESTRA operates in many industrial segments, with primary focus on Power Generation, Chemical and Boiler OEM, mostly through distribution channels. Asia-Pacific Headquarters is in Singapore.
Currently, we are looking for an exceptional candidate to take the role as Regional Sales Manager, South East Asia and to join our Asia Pacific team to drive revenue and market share growth aspiration as well as support business growth objectives.
- Grow sales revenue and meet or exceed set targets by developing new channels and direct customers.
- Develop existing distributor and channel relationships to a high level of satisfaction.
- Maintain current installed base through effective collaboration with distributors and respective Spirax Sarco Sales Managers.
- Develop the sales team and mentor the SEA regional team to support them in their capability build.
- Support distributors and sales team with technical expertise through technical seminars, industry events, new products, etc.
- Implement business strategy tactical plans, including price management, to drive profitable growth.
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets.
- Assist management in the development of Annual Plans to create sustainable growth of the SEA Region.
Skills / Certifications
- Five years plus experience as a Sales Manager with direct experience of managing complex multi-channel sales and proven track record of sales growth achievements.
- Proven track record in consultative / solution selling.
- Proven track record of growing a business both organically and through the development of new business opportunities.
- 1-3 years working experience in managing small teams
- Prior regional sales management experiences will be an advantage
- Good communications skills (verbal/written) with the ability to communicate and reason with people from diverse backgrounds. Persuasive communication and interpersonal and planning management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Personal attributes: Commitment, problem solver, high energy, positive thinker, and self-driven
- People attributes: Ability to lead, to recognize team needs, trustworthiness
- Knowledge of steam systems and valves business is a plus
- Experience in power industry, chemical, O&G is beneficial
- Good organization, time management and analytical abilities
- Computer skills – Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & CRM
- Ability to travel is essential
Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Industrial/Automation Engineering Degree, MBA is a plus.