Finance Director SEA
Reporting to the Regional General Manager SEA and VP Finance, Asia Pacific, you will lead a team of 20 direct and indirect reports across Southeast Asia to manage the full spectrum of finance activities. This includes operational accounting, project accounting, corporate governance, statutory and management reporting, taxation as well as commercial analysis. As a leader, you will lead the Finance team, an essential business enabling function, mentoring, coaching and inspiring your team to help the SEA region achieve its business goals. You will also work in close partnership with other functional teams to provide strong and solid support to all business leaders, especially the RGM SEA, within Southeast Asia to deliver on operating & profitability goals.
ANNUAL PLAN / QUARTERLY ESTIMATES
- Production of the annual plan and quarterly estimates for SEA region
- Ensure that any risks and opportunities to the latest plan / estimates are correctly understood, quantified, and reflected in the forecast as appropriate
- Production of the quarterly reporting packs and ad hoc reporting requests for SEA
- Partner with Regional, Local and Operating Management to ensure that all relevant information is captured and reflected in annual plans and estimates, challenging and verifying any underlying assumptions to ensure the integrity of the numbers
- Ensure accuracy of data and that all timelines, processes and controls are adhered to, in line with Group policy
ANALYSIS & INSIGHTS
- Provide the Regional General Manager SEA with relevant and insightful analysis of the business drivers for the region through monthly performance reports
- Provide analysis, modelling and forecasts for new cost or business initiatives/investments and track and report on the performance of the initiatives/investments that had been implemented
- Provide ad hoc analysis, forecasting and modelling as required
TEAM WORKING / MANAGEMENT
- Partner with the SEA regional financial community to gain a full understanding of management and statutory reporting of all SEA related P&L and Balance sheet items. Collaborate on the resolution of any accounting or transactional issues, liaising with the business as required
- Partner with and guide other local SEA Finance Managers to gain a full understanding of the business, local management accounts and operations, to coordinate and streamline the reporting and budgeting cycle.
- Train/educate regional business leaders to use and understand financial reporting tools as appropriate
- Work with the VP Finance, Asia Pacific and Controller, Singapore Finance Shared Services and the wider team to improve processes and systems on an on-going basis.
- A highly accomplished Finance Professional with a recognized professional body
- A minimum of 13 years of professional financial management experience
- Being in a leadership role in the last 5 years (at least)
- Has experience with a fast paced multi-national company (engineering industry preferred), covering the SEA region.
- Demonstrates maturity and integrity at the highest level at all times.
- Able to stay focused, work across multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner, and optimize/simplify processes where necessary.
- Excellent communicator in English, with good influencing skills and the ability to communicate well with peers and senior leaders locally and on a remote basis.
- Familiarity with JDE system, financial accounting (IFRS) & regional taxation issues in SEA will be a big plus.
- 20%-30% regional and international travel may be expected.