Sales Engineer, Luzon (Philippines)
- To proactively promote and sell the Company’s broad (and developing) range of products, including our core mechanical products, controls & instrumentation and metering products, and those in the field of heat transfer.
- To achieve a monthly profitable order level to ensure you meet or exceed the annual sales target set by the Company for the Sales Engineer.
- To generate profitable orders from the sales accounts assigned to you, ensuring complete customer satisfaction and to establish a long term relationship of trust and confidence between Spirax Sarco and our valued customers.
- To maintain a full understanding of the market. Be aware of market developments and the activities of the competition. Identify sales opportunities and understand how to convert them, and regularly update the Sales Team Leader and Sales Manage or General Manager of all market knowledge acquired.
- To conduct customer training and to co-ordinate promotional activities with the Sales Team Leader or Sales Manager/General Manager to strengthen the company’s image and position as the world leader in the field of steam and process fluid control.
- To handle customer complaints and quality concerns regarding the products and services supplied. This will require coordinating with Sales Support and Steam System Services team in the completion of Field Service Reports, trouble-shooting, repair/service and commissioning of our products.
- To maintain an active call planning and reporting system, and be prepared to provide regular updates of your activities – customer visits, quotations, orders etc - as required by the Sales Team Leader or Sales Manager/General Manager.
- To ensure that field activities, such as customer visits are properly planned, organised and executed to achieve maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- To develop and maintain a high level knowledge of Spirax Sarco products as well as their application through a programme of self study and company conducted training. Thereafter, to use this knowledge effectively to assist customers and prospects to improve their plant safety, reliability and energy efficiency using Spirax Sarco products.
- To continually search for new prospects, so as to expand your customer base and to fully exploit any sales opportunities within your assigned area.
- To perform any special projects or tasks that may be assigned to you from time to time.
English and Tagalog language abilities are a requirement of the role and therefore written, spoken and comprehension to a high level by the Sales Engineer are a pre-requisite
To effectively manage your working week to ensure a reasonable balance between customer visits and office time, for sales call preparation, proposal and report generation, training and communication with office staff for technical or delivery issues.
Prior experience in steam engineering is an added advantage