General Manager - Philippines
The General Manager is responsible for delivering sales, service and technical support, warehousing and distribution for Philippines.
Main purpose of the role:
The achievement of the highest possible level of sales growth and profit margin in the operating company in line with the overall strategy and policies of Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc.
The core responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Full P&L responsibility of £2m to 5m annual sales revenue
- Development of strategic direction and execution plans for Philippines in alignment with overall Regional and Divisional/Group business priorities;
- Work with the other General Managers in the region to ensure group strategy, divisional growth plans and performance can be delivered;
- Achievement of the highest possible sales growth and profitability and management of business performance against plan;
- Development of the annual and longer-term business plans for Philippines;
- Provision of adequate management function support for Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, Human Resources, Product management, Logistics, Technical/Training. Environmental Health & Safety;
- Lead, engage and develop employees in line with group core values and expectations as well as ensuring necessary training, development and pipeline build for the business;
- Ensure management of talents and succession planning;
- Ensure the after-sales service is maintained to the highest standards;
- Monitor market & competitor activity proactively and ensure due consideration of these in annual sales and business plans.
- Over 5 years’ experience as a Senior leader with direct experience of managing complex businesses
- Experience in an industrial business with a mix of sales, service and systems selling propositions
- Proven track records in leading direct sales and service organisations, as well as a deep understanding of customers’ manufacturing processes in order to be able to articulate how a product can make a difference - selling value in the process industry.
- Strong business & financial acumen
- Strong leadership and people management experience
- Degree or equivalent
- Strongly IT literate – MS packages
- Strategic thinking and being hands on at the same time
- Ability to influence, collaborate and manage stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Experience of working to and achieving targets
- Demonstrate drive and tenacity
- Willing to challenge status quo and undertake tough decisions where required
- Ability to coach, engage and develop others
- Ability to travel
- Adept and comfortable leading change
- Urgency – natural approach to getting a lot done quickly