Perform after sales service / surveys to customers by providing; steam trap survey, commissioning, trouble shooting, repairing and assembling service for wide range of Spirax Sarco products.
Perform after sales service / surveys to customers by providing; steam trap survey, commissioning, trouble shooting, repairing and assembling service for wide range of Spirax Sarco products. Key Tasks include;
• Troubleshoots and repair product, application faults.
• Calibration of instruments.
• Assembly and set up of specific products for delivery.
• Commissioning of Spirax Sarco equipment.
• Follow-ups of faulty products returned to suppliers.
• Evaluation and inspection of spare parts supplier and quality of product workmanship.
• Perform on site steam trap and system survey
• Perform on site steam quality test
• Any other related task asked of you by the Service Manager
• To ensure that all duties are carried out in compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, company guidelines and customer’s standard operating procedures.
• To ensure that vehicle used is kept clean and in good mechanical condition, reporting any faults or requirements through appropriate process.
• To use only approved personal protective equipment in line with company guidelines and as dictated by customer requirements on site.
• To ensure that PPE is kept in good condition and replacements are sourced through appropriate process.
• Tools to be kept in good condition.
• To develop application knowledge through training modules and assessments within sales force development network.
• To develop product knowledge through defined product training and joint visits with service / sales colleagues.
• To identify to Service manager where additional product or application Training is required.
• To use application and product knowledge in the production of technical reports
• To achieve progression in technical knowledge as define in service career roadmap
• To ensure that safety passports are kept up to date and refresher training and testing is organised in advance of card expiry dates. Copies of new passports are to be sent to the Service manager.
• To ensure that all test equipment is kept within calibration, advising service manager that recalibration is required, prior to calibration expiry.
Service / Survey delivery
• To liaise with co-ordinators to ensure that work is planned efficiently.
• To ensure service / survey provided to customer complies with contractual obligations.
• To prepare in advance of surveys / survey, ensuring that all relevant information is available such as drawings and instruction manuals.
• To carry sufficient stock to satisfy needs of service agreements owned and follow processes for adding additional items when additional stock is required.
• Ensure that customer is made aware of any outstanding issues and how they will be addressed, prior to leaving site.
• To accurately capture all service / survey data using appropriate technology and software.
• Where problems cannot be resolved, ensure that service manager is aware, prior to leaving site.
• To ensure that survey Process is followed.
• To ensure that any issues or complaints are logged using the customer complaints process.
• To work within existing business processes suggesting improvements where applicable.
• To identify and support continuous improvement projects providing exemplary service and customer delight across the business.
• To use system and technology to maximise efficiency.
To maximise selling opportunities
• To use systems and application knowledge to develop the product, package and services opportunities, from the boiler house to the point of use.
• To develop relationships with customer base to better understand and identify customer needs, knowing who to contact when the customer requires information they cannot supply.
• To optimise sales opportunities by pre-qualifying potential leads.
• To share customer information with colleagues
• Develop an understanding of the different customer channels and how their needs are likely to vary.
• To be mindful of Spirax Sarco activity costs throughout the selling process.
• First time fix – being prepared and getting a job done right first time should always be the priority.
• Timely, accurate and detailed execution of all administrative tasks including but not limited to expense submissions, Job report sheets
• To be able to confidently carry out a steam trap and system survey un-aided.
• To ensure all data following a site visit is backed up on internal system and the finished report inclusive of all calculations is sent to the customer within 2 weeks after completing survey.
• To communicate with all members of the team on a regular basis internal/external and forge good collaborative working relationships, share ideas to aid the improvement of our processes
• Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical) or equivalent.
• At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
Your closest Spirax Sarco is