Sector Sales Engineer
Basic Duty & Responsibilities
Covering the assigned area, responsible for all the sales activities involving customers in the area.
Reporting to the Sector Sales Manager, you are required:
- To generate profitable orders and meet or exceed the annual sales targets established by National Sales Manager.
- To implement the sales strategies given to you by the Sector Sales Manager and/or National Sales Manager.
- To generate profitable orders from the sales accounts assigned to you in such a way as to fully satisfy customers and establish a long-term relationship of trust and confidence between Spirax Sarco and customers.
- To ensure that field activities, such as customer visits and walk-about surveys, are properly planned, organised and executed to achieve maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- To monitor all quotations generated, ensure that they are professionally followed-up in such a way as to maximise sales.
- For any unconverted quotations, be fully aware of the reasons and therefore to recommend the changes required so as to ensure that future quotations have a higher chance of being converted to orders.
- To analyse regularly your field activities, determine the improvements required, thereafter act on them, so as to bring about a high level of productivity and efficiency.
- To continually search for new prospects, so as to expand your customer base and to fully exploit any sales opportunities within your assigned area.
- To develop a full understanding of the industrial base allocated to you and to be aware of the market activities and the competition within this segment. Thereafter identify the sales opportunities and work earnestly to convert them into orders.
- To continually upgrade oneself through company conducted or company-sponsored training and self-study in order to maintain a high standard of product knowledge and selling techniques. To apply the knowledge attained by making technical proposals and highlighting the benefits as well as improvements to plant efficiency to customers and prospects.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in an industrial sales environment is preferable.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge in Auto-CAD is advantageous.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Driving licence and car.
- Experience of Food & Beverage industry seen as an advantage.
Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Chemical or Marine engineering or equivalent