Sales Manager - Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- In consultation with the NSM identify and formulate sales plans and any specific objectives for the area, as well as required actions to achieve these objectives
- Identify area potential – territorial and by target customers and agree the steps required / action plan. Follow up with the relevant ASE as required
- Support, guide, mentor and coach junior ASE’s in the field visiting customers
- Support ASE’s in important customer visits or presentations, seminars and exhibitions
- As required and agreed with the NSM actively support and monitor key projects and customers. The ASM should know at all time the status of all sales opportunities / projects in his territory
- Discuss ASE performance with the NSM, using KPI reports, CRM and joint visits / time together, and help the NSM identify and implement steps for improvement
Direct Sales Responsibility
- Achieve personal sales target and support the junior sales team to achieve the overall territory target
- Support sales activities in the territory as agreed with the NSM
- Presentation of lectures and running seminars on general or specific aspects of the efficient use of steam
- Agree key actions and priorities with the NSM. Focus on implementation with the sales team
Sales Team Development
- Help the NSM identify when and where we need to employ new SE’s
- Help with the recruitment process
- Provide training and support to new ASE’s
- Mentor and coach through joint visits and regular contact the sales team
- In conjunction with the NSM, agree targets and priorities with the sales team and strongly support and monitor implementation.
- Identify need for training of Sales Engineers and Sales /Technical Support
Market Knowledge & Planning
- Plan, manage and direct area screening and potential available market (PAM) exercises on a regular basis
- Maintain high levels of market and competitor knowledge of the area
- Actively participate and contribute to the 3-year and 1-year planning process for the area
- Knowledge and experience in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industry will be added advantage
- Produce monthly activity and sales reports to NSM.
- Collect and analyse monthly reports from ASEs.
- Produce reports and record actions on bad debts.
- Monitor and update Customers Data Base.