By the end of the course delegates will:
Understand the fundamentals of steam systems
- Understand the different grades of steam
- Define the attributes of steam quality and why they are important
- Define the difference between steam quality and steam purity
- Understand the importance of and 4 main types of Steam Quality tests and how this relates to legislation
- Demonstrate competence in the use of the Steam Quality Testing kit
- Identify and know the main requirements of all relevant legislation (inc BS EN 285)
- Understand basic microbiology relevant to sterilisation
- Explain the application and operating principle of steam sterilisers
- Explain contributory factors to and causes of poor steam quality
The course starts at 9.00am and finishes by 5pm on the second day.
he course is assessed by multiple choice test paper and practical assessment. Spirax Sarco is accredited by the City & Guilds Group to deliver this course. Delegates will take practical and written tests as part of the course.