Our Customers come first at GESTRA USA and we strive to meet and exceed their expectations. As a global leader in the engineering, design, production and application of technology, we offer our customers solutions that function with maximum reliability. Our products comprise a complete range of systems and intelligent solutions. These include engineered valves, control systems, complete boiler & blow down controls, steam traps, check valves, condensate pumps and severe service valves for steam and thermal fluid control. Our products and services have many practical applications and are used wherever steam is generated, distributed or used, liquid and gaseous media flow, savings in energy are possible, and operational reliability and environmental protection play an important role.
According to the maxim "Safety Secures Success" our intent is to always meet the latest and highest safety standards in addition to fulfilling legal safety requirements. Safeguarding the health, safety and physical integrity of our employees, visitors and customers has top priority and is of utmost importance to us.
The Regional Manager manages a regionally based sales organization with a focus on distribution sales and is responsible coordinating and promoting sales and marketing activities, and manages distribution channel partners within an assigned territory.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Develops, monitors, and executes business plans and sales strategies for Distribution sales in an assigned territory in alignment with the corporate strategy. Ensures territory meets yearly sales plan.
- As and when applicable, manages and supports Independent Manufacturer’s Representatives (IMRs) to ensure a mutually beneficial relationship as well as Sales Engineers to enable them to attain maximum sales volume from potential markets in order to meet the goals of Gestra, USA.
- Routinely evaluates our distribution channels to ensure they are aligned with the corporate strategy.
- Facilitates and manages the execution of distributor business plans and is the primary liaison with distributor leadership teams working collaboratively on growth initiatives on behalf of Gestra.
- Manages, develops, evaluates, and leads IMRs and Sales Engineers to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet sales targets and ensures that the sales staff is fully competent in the selling of current and new technologies, products and services. Coaches sales team members during one-on-one sales calls. Coaches Value Selling and Customer First Value Proposition techniques to advance Gestra’s premium position.
- As a growing company, the incumbent will also develop sales opportunities by actively calling on end users of all types in all markets, including but not limited to plants, OEMs, contractors and consulting engineers.
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement and empowers their team to take on process improvement initiatives to foster and promote sales effectiveness. Drives operating rhythm cadence within the sales organization.
- Holds sales team accountable for their responsibilities through performance based metrics (KPIs), goal deployment, sales plans, development plans and performance reviews.
- Ensures the sales team logs all sales calls and develops all quotes using a CRM tool.
- Evaluates staffing needs and makes appropriate recommendations while supporting a SG&A budget.
- Visits customer sites in support of the sales and IMR teams to ensure continuous improvement in account penetration, sales effectiveness to win orders and technical aptitude development related to KPIs. Supports and or presents solutions to end users.
- Effectively communicates both upward and downward in the organization to ensure alignment and continuity in the organization.
- Communicates regularly with the National Sales Manager to ensure distribution channel partner relationships are strong and to foster an environment of collaboration.
- Stays current with company policy, safety, processes, and procedures and ensures they are being adhered to within the organization guided by our core values of RAPID.
- Collaborates with the HR partner on performance management of the sales organization.
- Must be able to travel as required for business, meetings and developmental needs.
- Creates and supports a positive working environment in which team members comply with health and safety regulations and responsibilities. Supports and promotes team members’ attendance and participation at safety and environmental events.
- Exhibits strong moral and ethical standards while processing strong business acumen facilitating the making of decisions in a business situation.
- Possess commercial contract knowledge and understanding of implications in said contracts and the potential impacts on Gestra to foster sound business making decisions.
Candidates for this position should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field plus ten (10) or more years in product sales with at least five (5) years’ experience in sales management or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. Candidate should have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and CRM tools, such as Salesforce.com or Microsoft Dynamics. Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to operate a motor vehicle and legally work in the USA.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran