Course Ref: Course D8
Duration: 1 day
Cost: £320 (+VAT)
Who is it for?
Anyone seeking an understanding of the regulations and guidelines relating to steam and steam boiler plant.
What is it about?
This course provides a broad overview of legislation, guidance and best practice within the wet side of the boiler and in steam systems to help users understand what is expected of them.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the uses and benefits of steam
- Understand pressure and temperature of steam
- Appreciate general steam system safety
- Have an overview of Pressure System/Pressure Equipment requirements
- Know the selected Standards – boilers and water treatment
- Understand the requirements of BG01 ('Guidance on Safe Operation of Boilers') - replacing PM5 and PSG2 - and HSE INDG436 ('Safe Management of Industrial Steam and Hot Water Boilers')
- Appreciate the importance of risk assessment, competence, training and supervision
- See Steam Boiler Plant Fundamentals course (D6) for training in boiler operation or BOAS (D6A) for national accreditation in the operation or management of boilers.
This course starts at 9:00am and finishes at 4:30pm.
Register your interest
Please note: At present we do not have an upcoming date for this course. If you would like to register your interest, please complete the form below.