- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information that we collect
We collect information to provide a better Service to all of our users – from basics, such as which language you speak to more complex things, such as which ads you’ll find most useful or the people who matter most to you online.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information that you give us. For example, our Service requires you to sign up for a Spirax-Sarco account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number or credit card number.
- Information that we get from your use of our Service. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, such as when you visit a website that uses our advertising Services or you view and interact with our ads and content.
This information includes:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information, including phone number).
- Unique application numbers
The Service includes a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Spirax-Sarco when you install or uninstall the Service or when the Service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device, using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information that we collect
We use the information that we collect from all of our Service to provide, maintain, protect and improve it, to develop new services and to protect Spirax-Sarco and our users.
When you contact Spirax-Sarco, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we will be able to provide you our Service in your preferred language.
Spirax-Sarco processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
Information that you share
Our Service lets you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our Service, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our Service in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our Service, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information that we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside Spirax-Sarco unless one of the following circumstances applies:
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Spirax-Sarco when we have your consent to do so.
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside Spirax-Sarco if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Spirax-Sarco, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect Spirax-Sarco and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We may encrypt our Service.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.