An advanced or higher apprenticeship is a great way to stay in education whilst improving your skills, gaining work experience and getting paid at the same time.
What apprenticeships are available?
- Advanced Craft – This apprenticeship will allow you to gain practical experience of producing parts and products, using a variety of methods and equipment. Placements take place across the Cheltenham manufacturing site covering areas from basic tool making, to welding, to multi axis machining techniques, to inspection.
- Advanced or Higher Technician – This apprenticeship includes theoretical and practical tasks covering all aspects of our business. Placements take place across the Cheltenham sites from machining to purchasing to product development then focused towards a specific engineering role.
Main programme elements:
- Various work placements in relevant areas across Spirax Sarco; moving through the business typically on 3 month placements
- Workplace based assessments towards the NVQ in Engineering
- Continued day release at GET to conduct theoretical study
Year 3 onwards
- On-going work placements across the business
- Workplace based assessments for the NVQ in Engineering
Additional Further Study:
- We are committed to the training and development of our employees. Spirax Sarco funds degree level learning, where business requirement & individual development needs support this; with a number of employees sponsored on part time degrees.
Minimum entry requirements:
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above to include Maths, English and Science
- Interests outside of school which show a genuine interest in engineering
- A recent job or relevant work experience would be beneficial
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Subsidised restaurants
- Training and development