Want to find out more?
Come along and enjoy pizza and pop with us and find out more about our scheme at our Apprentice Open Evening on Tuesday 6th February at Charlton House.
Current apprentices and staff will be on hand to answer your questions and to help you get an understanding of the great opportunities available with our scheme.
Find out more and register
An advanced or higher apprenticeship is a great way to stay in education whilst improving your skills, gaining work experience and getting paid at the same time.
What apprenticeships are available?
- Advanced Craft – This apprenticeship will allow you to gain practical experience of producing parts and products, using a variety of methods and equipment. Placements take place across the Cheltenham manufacturing site covering areas from basic tool making, to welding, to multi axis machining techniques, to inspection.
- Advanced or Higher Technician – This apprenticeship includes theoretical and practical tasks covering all aspects of our business. Placements take place across the Cheltenham sites from machining to purchasing to product development then focused towards a specific engineering role.
Main programme elements:
- Various work placements in relevant areas across Spirax Sarco; moving through the business typically on 3 month placements
- Workplace based assessments towards the NVQ in Engineering
- Continued day release at GET to conduct theoretical study
Year 3 onwards
- On-going work placements across the business
- Workplace based assessments for the NVQ in Engineering
Additional Further Study:
- We are committed to the training and development of our employees. Spirax Sarco funds degree level learning, where business requirement & individual development needs support this; with a number of employees sponsored on part time degrees.
Minimum entry requirements:
- 5 GCSE's at grade C (or 4) or above to include Maths, English and Science
- Interests outside of school which show a genuine interest in engineering
- A recent job or relevant work experience would be beneficial
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Subsidised restaurants
- Training and development