International site for Spirax Sarco
Fax: (803) 714-2222
Spirax Sarco launches online 3D product model library
For many years Spirax Sarco has provided 2D CAD product and application drawings to its customers free of charge. The AutoCAD drawings have been accessible individually via the online CAD Library, or collectively as a complete library via the downloadable CASSIO software program.
In addition to the current 2D drawings, Spirax Sarco is now pleased to announce the availability of 3D product models via the newly launched 3D Model Library (3DML). Like the 2D drawings already offered, access to the 3D models is provided free of charge, although this library does require registration to obtain login details. Users with a Product Sizing & Selection Software account can use the same login details for 3DML.
The library is essential for CAD engineers who design process/system layouts in 3D using Spirax Sarco products. Using models supplied by Spirax Sarco will save time and resource during the design stage of a project, while guaranteeing accuracy and consistency in appearance.
The models can be browsed by product range or searched for by keyword or product nomenclature, ensuring specific product models can be found quickly and easily. Unlike the existing 2D drawings, each product model is full-size so can be used for designing accurate system layouts. Files are small and quick to download while retaining significant detail, meaning an accurate system layout model can be created quickly, and remain manageable by the user’s CAD system.
Models can be downloaded simply, either individually or in small groups via the Model Basket. Virtually all CAD systems are catered for as all models are available in three popular 3D file formats, namely AutoCAD DWG, ACIS SAT and STEP.
Other helpful features include the ability to preview the selected model prior to download, and check technical information about the product by viewing the related Technical Information sheet.
Spirax Sarco offers an unrivalled range of products for the complete steam and condensate loop. Although more than a thousand different product models currently make up 3DML, not all products are modelled at present. If the required product model is not yet available, the model request feature can be used to inform Spirax Sarco who will provide it, if possible, within 5 working days.
Using Spirax Sarco 3D product models means being able to design a process/system layout in 3 dimensional space, which in turn offers the following key benefits:
- Convenience - increasingly it is a requirement that 3D drawings (and 2D projections) are provided as part of design
- Accuracy - vital when designing systems to fit into limited spaces
- Save time - less time and effort spent on modelling work meaning more efficient drawing production
- Save money - less time spent on drawing production keeps costs down for the whole project
- Instant access to over 1,000 Spirax Sarco 3D product models
- Browse or search by keyword or product nomenclature
- Download models individually or in batches using Model Basket
- Autodesk DWG, ACIS SAT and STEP files available
- Ability to preview model prior to download (including SuperView for full-screen preview)
- Access to product Technical Information sheets
- Compatible with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
- Common login - same login details as Product Sizing & Selection Software
Visit the 3D Model Library
Contact us for advice from our engineers
- Help on sizing and selection
- Arrange a visit
- Answers & advice on products/applications
- Obtaining quotes & placing orders